Thursday, August 8, 2013

NYX haul & mini review

Hi guys!
I've noticed a lot of people raving or just regularly using NYX products, and sadly for me here in Australia NYX is really REALLY hard to come by. So I recently made an order from cherryculture.com with some NYX goodies so I could see just what makes NYX products so good! The service from Cherry Culture was pretty spot on. My order only had standard shipping which was estimated to get to me (Australia) in 8-16 days....it arrived on the 8th day!


This is what I ordered:


♥ Super Skinny Eye Marker in Carbon Black
♥Concealer Magic Wand in Porcelene
♥Professional Brush Blender Eye
♥For Your Eyes Only 10 Color Eyeshadow Palette in Smokey Eyes
♥Slide On Pencil in Purple Blaze
♥Butter Gloss In Èclair
♥Round Lipstick in Chic Red
♥Round Lipstick in Electra
♥Powder Blush in Angel

                                 

The smokey eyes palette surprised me as it was only $8 or something ridiculously cheap like that. To say I was impressed is an understatement. The eyeshadows are quite pigmented, and blend out easily. The blending brush I purchased I have been using daily so again, another good product.
The blush is a gorgeous colour, I'm quite - who I am kidding - really pale and it is just such a pretty colour on! I was a bit worried about it matching my skin tone when I ordered it. Angel is a beautiful shimmer peachy colour, so it adds a slight highlight as well :)
The concealer was probably the thing that excited me the most when I first opened everything as it is probably the lightest concealer I have found that doesn't look stupidly yellow on me! It's quite a nice concealer consistency wise too, it doesn't feel grossly thick but it does do the job pretty good.




Here's some swatches of the lip products and the purple eye liner! The eye liner I have to say looks more vibrant in person with a super gorgeous metallic shine to it. I really can't wait to wear this out clubbing or just really add a fun pop of colour to a spring look.
The lip butter is a really nice product and comes out pretty true to colour as far as a gloss goes. It is quite thick as 'butter' would imply, but not too thick. I've been wearing this just by itself with a simple cat eye makeup look.
Electra (top) is more of a blue toned red while Chic Red (bottom) is more of a pink-y red. Both are amazing on, super pigmented and quite moisturising which is always a bonus! They also last for a surprisingly long time, I wore Electra out clubbing in Sydney on Saturday night and only reapplied a few times.


Overall I'm very impressed with the quality of all the NYX products I tried. As an added bonus, the prices are almost too good to be true. That might sound weird if I have any US readers but hey, in Australia I pay $40+ for Revlon colourstay foundation!



I hope you guys enjoyed this post! Let me know if you enjoyed this post :) Have a great weekend ! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment