Tuesday, November 4, 2014

October Favourites

October is normally my favourite month of the year, it starts warming up, it's my birthday (yay!!) but with October this year also came a whirlwind of uni work and actual work. I'm still pretty sad that October is over for another year but (once I've finished my exams) I'll be happy to start enjoying the warmer weather that November brings. 
So as we say hello to November, here are my favourite products from the month of October!



Hourglass Ambient Blush Palette
This was an item that I was a little hesitant to spend the money on as I was placing my order, however I'm glad that I did. It's a beautiful palette for the cheeks as we come into the warmer months as all 3 colours give such a beautiful fresh glow to the face. All 3 colours in the palette are very wearable, and I definitely think this is one that can still be used right through the year.

bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie in 'Hypnotist'
Every time I put this on my lips I immediately felt like a mermaid. That's enough to be in my favourites right there! This transforms into a beautiful peach colour on the lips and makes them seem full and plump with an almost metallic sheen. It really shows it's beauty out in the sun which is perfect for summer!

MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance
On days where my skin has felt dull this has transformed my face to looking bright and full of life-which leading up to exams seems like a near impossible task. This looks really glittery when it's swatched but with foundation on top the glitter disappears and turns to radiant instead. This is also really nice just to add a bit of dimension under a matte foundation.


Makeup Forever Aqua Cream in '13'
I've been using this on my eyes as either an eyeshadow base, or just all over the lid on its own. Used either way it's a beautiful product! It doesn't crease on my lids, and really helps eyeshadow colours pop. It's a gorgeous champagne colour that is very much shimmery but not at all glittery. It almost gives a wet look effect if worn on its own and I for one LOVE that look.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in 'Chantilly'
I hunted this product down in Mecca Cosmetica as they seem (?) to have discontinued stocking this colour! Being a pale girl, it's very hard to find products to match my skin tone let alone ones that I actually like. This is great for concealing blemishes as it is very creamy and hydrating or as I've been using it recently with a fake tan on, as an under eye highlighter. Again, because it is so hydrating it works really well under the eye.

The Body Shop 'Brazil Nut' Cream Body Scrub
Oh my gosh. Can I just start by saying that this is one of the yummiest smelling products I have ever used. I've gone through this really quickly and that's just because I have been using it to smell it as often as possible. The Body Shop is a brand that has really been creeping their way into my cupboards recently and I'm certainly not fighting it. I bought this scrub as I've been venturing into the world of fake tanning and needed something to keep it from looking patchy. It's a really nice scrub that removes every bit of dead skin there, and due to the product being a 'cream' scrub is also nice and moisturising.

Bondi Sands Self Tanning Foam in 'Dark'
I'm very new to the world of fake tanning as I do really like my pale skin! I just felt like changing it up a bit and thought it would be nice to be able to try some foundations that until now haven't matched my skin. The colour that this gives is amazing considering how pale I am to begin with. I don't know what it is, but it doesn't turn me orange or look anything other than natural on me. I've been getting compliments on my tan every time I've had it on. It doesn't really have a bad smell like a lot of fake tans do, and I haven't had any problems with it applying streaky or going patchy. I've been applying it with the Bondi Sands tanning mit which makes it really easy to glide the product on.



I hope you enjoyed reading about my monthly favourites for the month of October were and let me know in the comments below if you've tried or like any of these products too :)

5 comments:

  1. The Hourglass palette is literally waiting at the post office down the road from my flat at the moment and I am SO excited! I hope it becomes a favourite of mine for November... and December... and January... ;)

    Aisling | aisybee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting! Go get it....now! You'll definitely fall in love with it 😊

      Delete
  2. the hourglass palette is literally divine! i want it so much

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win an £85 rose gold Fossil watch on my blog, if you fancy! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Worth the money too, I don't see me ever getting through the product!

      Delete
  3. Omg thank you for your blog post ! :) Its really helpful for me because I try to learn english ! :)

    ReplyDelete